Got an internship? Then you can probably get course credit.
The Department of Mass Communication offers 1-hour, 2-hour and 3-hour internships every semester. You find the internship, and we help you get credit for it.
Basically, 50 hours of work equals one credit hour. For a 3-credit hour course, you must work at least 150 hours.
Talk to your advisor, for full qualification details.
- Internship courses are closed, so you need a drop/add form to registser. Talk to your advisor.
- Campus-based, paid internships cannot be taken for credit.
- Campus-based unpaid internships can be taken for credit.
- You can take more than one internship for credit, they just have to be different internships.
- Many Mass Media majors have an internship as an option, but not a requirement.
- Internship courses are upper division credits, so if you need upper division credits, this is a good option!
Need more info? Make an appointment with Jacquie for details.